Friday, March 30, 2012

Grouping Question

HI there all

Here is my question for the day.

I am creating a report based of a table where i have employee information and hours that he has worked, I need to have the total of all hours, and also the total of Billable hours. there is a field called Billable hours.

Anyways, In my layout section, I get the correct total hours, due to the groupin g which is easy. I also added a new field to my Query for the field hours with an alias of billable hours. I need to put some sort of filter for this field. so that This will add up the hours that are billable, (bullable =true.). I tried to do this with the query and I had no success. I tried thought the report layout, on the properties of that field something along the lines of

=Fields!Billable_Hours.Value where Fields!billable.Value = 1,

but it does not like my where clause and it errors out so I can not run the report.

I I remove the where clause it does not error out, but it prints error on the field on the report.

Any ideas anyone ?

Thanks

Armela,

Try

Sum(iif(Fields!Billable.value>1,Fields!Billable_hours.value,nothing))

I think this should work.

Ham

|||That worked.
Thank you very much

No comments:

Post a Comment