Wednesday, March 28, 2012

grouping or formatting issue

hey there

I have a date time field

Fields!CreatedDate.Value which I am grouping on and Counting on an ID Field

result of grouping is this

7/13/2006 12:00:00 AM 1

7/21/2006 12:00:00 AM 11

8/7/2006 12:00:00 AM 3

8/8/2006 12:00:00 AM 2

I know if I put (Month(Fields!CreatedDate.Value)

I get this result

7 1

7 11

8 3

8 2

What I really want is

July 12

August 5

how do I do this please

thanks

Hi there!
I dont know if this will resolve your issue but maybe if you try the following:

Format((Month(Fields!CreatedDate.Value)), "MMM")

If this works like I think it might then it should return:

Jul 12

Aug 5......etc

I cant test right now so I cant be sure...!?|||

Try

Monthname(Datepart("m", Fields!CreatedDate.Value))

This report function will return the "January, Feburary, March and etc...

Ham

|||

ok thanks for the replies

unfortunately not quite complete

Ham what I get then is

July 1

July 11

August 1

August 3

etc

so I need

total for July

total for August

etc

cheers

|||

thought I should put the sql

SELECT TicketNumber, CreatedDate
FROM Ticket
ORDER BY CreatedDate

grouped on created date - associated to parent group created date

count on ticketnumber

cheers

Dianne

|||

jewel,

Try

Placing the expression Monthname(Datepart("m", Fields!CreatedDate.Value)) into your group expression (edit group), this will cause the group to only consider the month when summating the values.

Ham

|||

thanks Ham

I had to put this in the group expression and the field expression to get it to work? I presume this is ok?

But yes it does work now thanks heaps for your help

jewel

No comments:

Post a Comment