Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Grouping issue....Long

This is going to sound SO silly but I am serioulsy baffled and I was wondering if anybody on here has ever experienced this ....or perhaps I am just missing somehting.

I am fairly new to reporting services and have been getting reports done on a wing and a prayer so far. I have a puzzling issue:

I created a summary report that had only one group (person type) ...unfortunately I need to add 3 more groups which are Div, Reg, Area.....I figured this would be simple I could just go in to the report and add them by right clicking the table and adding group. They DO get added to the report but they do not "group" per say. However, I can go through the report and see the same division repeated several times and not kept together. Its not a division listed and then all of the people attached to that Division listed below .....its CRAZY....essentially they are not "grouping"

Does this make any sense? Help PLEASE !!

When you right click and edit group, what expression do you have as your group by?

Group 1 is Person group expression is Personid?
Group 2 is Division group expression is DivisionId?
Group 3 is Reg group expression is RegID?
Group 4 is Area group express is AreaID?

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment