Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Grouping problem

Ok, I need to create an invoice for different plans that customers are subscribed to but I can't seem to group it in crystal properly. The invoice needs to list the invoice # at the top, followed by all of the different plans the customer is subscribed to, then a quick one time sentence that reads: "Fees for services in connection with:", and finally I need to display the services.

So basically, I may get data from my database that looks like the following:
1 | 51271 (inv #) | Pension Plan (plan name) | Yearly Admin Fee (service desc.)
2 | 51271 (inv #) | Cafeteria Plan(plan name)| Government Forms (service desc.)

The report would then look something like this:
----------------
Invoice #
---------------
Plan(s):
Pension Plan
Cafeteria Plan
--------------
Fees for services in connection with:
--------------

-Yearly Admin Fee
-Government Forms
----------------

Does anyone know how I could group my report this way or can you point me to a tutorial that can help me out?

Thanks in advance.

-Goalie35Ok...try grouping by invoice number, list plans in the details section. In group footer, put a subreport with the fees for services linked to the main report based on invoice number.

Let me know if this helps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment